Not only do we offer a full range of unique stone products, but we also carry, and have access to salvage and restoration materials. We pride ourselves in being able to provide you with stone that is historically identical or find an acceptable substitute. On most projects we are able to provide multiple options and will work with you to find the right balance of original feel and value.
Rivard Stone has been involved with many notable stone restoration projects in Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well other areas in the Midwest and East coast.
Since maintaining the historic design and integrity is one of the foremost goals of our restoration clients, we usually visit the project site to inspect the existing stone. This allows us to identify what the exisiting stone is (type, color, finish, etc) and find material that will best match what is currently on site. In the case where the stone is not currently available, we will try to use salvaged stone or find something very close to the original product.
Rivard Stone has exclusive access to Platteville Limestone and Lake Superior Sandstone (Brownstone). These stones are not actively quarried today for dimensional stone purposes. We have a supply of both stones that are suitable for use in restoration work where you need to match the replacement stone to the existing stone on your project.
We have access or substitute material for:
- Minnesota Limestone
Some of the more recent restoration projects we have been involved with include:
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)
- Northrup Auditorium - phases 1 & 2
- Coffman Memorial Union
- Carleton College (Northfield, MN)
- Evans Hall
- Burton Hall
- Laird Hall
- Nourse Hall
- University of Wisconsin - Stout (Menomonie, WI)
- St. Agnes Church (St. Paul, MN)
- Fort Snelling (St. Paul, MN)
- Schmidt Brewery (St. Paul, MN)
- Hamm Brewery (St. Paul, MN)
- Grain Belt Brewery (Minneapolis, MN)
- Pillsbury A-Mill (Minneapolis, MN)
- Foshay Tower (Minneapolis, MN)
- Phalen Park Bridge (St. Paul, MN)
- Mabel Tainter Theatre (Menomonie, WI)
- Stillwater Overlook (Stillwater, MN)
- Historic Washington County Courthouse (Stillwater, MN)